So I’ll let you into a secret, here’s 15 of my best beauty and skincare tips, every girl should know…
1) To get super clear skin and minimize pores, use a pore-minimizing facial wash, like Victoria Beckham’s fave, Caudalie Beauty Elixir, followed by a toner. Make sure the toner is alcohol-free like Liz Earle Instant Boost Skin Tonic so it won’t dry out your skin.
2) Always exfoliate before applying self tan to get rid of any dead skin. Tanning products tend to cling to dryer and rougher areas, like your knees and elbows, so make sure they’re well moisturized first.
3) Use your concealer as a base on your eyelids. Concealer will help to absorb oil and your eyeshadow will stick to the product instead of your lids, making it stay longer and prevent that annoying crease look. Short on time? MAC paint pots are a super quick and efficient way of providing a base colour and eyelid primer in one.
4) Always use a moisturizer with SPF in the morning. Even in winter! Your skin is extremely delicate and those skin damaging ultra violet rays are still strong, even on cloudy days.
5) If you don’t have nail polish remover, apply clear nail polish over your nail, and then wipe off. It will remove old polish.
6) If you’re afraid of red lipstick try putting it on and then blotting it off to wear it as more of a stain. Another way to make it less intense? Apply with your fingertip instead of straight from the tube.
7) Use excess eye cream on your cuticles. The more you hydrate your cuticles, the stronger your nails will be.
8) Want a gorgeous Angelina Jolie pout? Take a shimmery gloss like Mac Dazzleglass to the centre of your lips, top and bottom – this will attract light to your lips, making them look gorgeously full.
9) If you've woken up with red eyes and need something to make your eyes POP and look super bright, a clever trick is to run a nude colour eyeliner along the waterline of your eye. It neutralises the redness and makes you look really fresh faced even if you did have a heavy night and only a couple of hours sleep. My favourite is MAC's Risque Technakohl Liner it doesn't cake or go chalky like some I've tried. It's super smooth and the perfect shade. A definite winner where I’m concerned.
10) If you find that your foundation is not as long lasting as you would like, try using a primer first. It's also good for textured skins helping to smooth out any dry areas to leave a good base to apply your makeup. I currently use either Laura Mercier Foundation Primer or SmashBox Photo Finish Primer, but there's a whole range out there from oil free, illuminating to moisturising, the choice is endless.
11) Change your beauty routine for spring and summer months. Your skin needs less coverage during the spring so you can swap the heavy, winter products for lighter ones.
12) If your hair is thinning and lacking lustre take Holland and Barrett Skin, Hair and Nail supplements, combined with a small amount of Moroccan Oil applied to wet hair. It keeps your hair looking shiny and I am proof that your hair will grow back, much thicker and healthier than before.
13) To reduce unwanted shine, use a moisturiser that mattifies your skin. That way you get the moisture your skin needs without looking greasy. Look for lightweight oil-free moisturizers like Dermalogica Active Moist or serums such as Crystal Clear No Shine Serum.
14) When applying false eye lashes don’t use the free glue you get in the pack. If you really want your lashes to last, always use Duo Adhesive. Apply the cream to either your finger or the back of a makeup brush and run it along the edge. Leave to go tacky for a minute then apply. After use run a cotton bud dipped in makeup remover along the glue to remove. That way you can get multiple uses out of a single pair.
15) Use a facial exfoliator bi-weekly to get rid of dead skin. Makeup will look better on a clean, smooth canvas. Nothing beats Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser.
If you liked this look out for future blog posts where I will be sharing more tips and tricks from the world of beauty and skincare. What would you like to see in future posts? Let me know if there is any problem that I can help with.